Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lamenting Summers' End

Ok, so I haven't been doing a good job of counting down the last weeks of summer vacation.  I've spent most of my time chasing two little ones around and trying to keep them busy and feed. I've really enjoyed my summer with them, hanging out, going to the park, playing in the water, Nick Jr. and Sprout, and  hours of Disney movies, I swear I've seen "The Rescuers" like 100 times this summer and each time I am forced to sing the theme song. I don't mind, it's a nice memory I've created with my daughter and I'm happy to be apart of it.

But now it is time to go back to school. During my down time I read teacher blogs and have seen so many new cool ideas. I want to stay up to date.  In the past I would have tried to implement as many of them as I could fit into two and a half summer months, but not this year. I feel a change coming on. My priorities and my bank account are changing. In the past I would have spent my entire summer doing what my husband calls "teacher stuff". But not this summer. I wanted to spend as much time with the kids as I could and wait right up until August before I really get geared up. Well now I've only got three days left and I'm a little sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment