Saturday, July 16, 2011

And the Count Down begins

Officially 29 days until school starts for teachers. This is the time of year where I start to get anxious about a new group of students. Yes, even after 5 years of teaching I still get anxious for each new crop of students. I wonder about their backgrounds, attitudes, personalities, and how prepared they are for science, among other things. I'm looking forward to this year especially since this will be my first year I am only teaching science and not math too. What a relief! Trying to teach science and math in the past has been a joke. I used to be able to teach science from Aug. to Dec. but when we can back from break science was no longer a priority. So it didn't get taught again until after testing. I always felt like the students were getting a raw deal with that one. And wished for more parents to wise up and demand more, but that was all fantasy. I want so much for this year to be successful. Everyone in the room will be learning, even me. This is the first time I'll be teaching Astronomy. Just thinking about it gives me the jitters. Good jitters, I am oh so excited. I loved learning science in school and I hope I can make it as fun and as exciting and I would want it to be if I was still in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment