Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Science Club Yeah!

     I am oh so excited to have been given the go ahead to start a science club.  Yippee!! I've always wanted to chair a science club. I imagine that in high school if mine had a science club, I would have been interested enough to attend at least one meeting.  I'm stealing all of my ideas from Sciencespot.com  and hope to start right after midterms.  Oh my, midterms next week already!
     We will probably meet bimonthly and do some build-this and demo-that type stuff. I would love to hear some suggestions. Foil boats, popsicle stick bridges, and egg drop parachutes are already at the top of the list. I had asked the math teacher to be my partner, but she bottomed out due to other commitments. But I think I've got someone else in mind that would be helpful.
     I've also got to come up with a way to raise money. How am I going to pay for the "stuff" we will need to do stuff. hmmm.... I'll have to think about that one some more. I want to visit COSI as an end of school year field trip and in btw go to the observatory. Wish me luck! I've never started or even headed up a school club before so this is a new endeavor for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment